Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reduce Lag

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
partygirl
Super Guardian
Super Guardian
partygirl

Reduce Lag Empty
PostSubject: Reduce Lag   Reduce Lag EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 9:15 pm

This program Leatrix Latency does what an old lag fix was common, several years ago, we used to apply it manually in windows services. It will only work in your computer level, if you lag because of your router, your ISP, or international cables it wouldn't fix it Wink. Basically, when lag and position lag occurs, that's when the server says "Hey user, you are now here, ok? and now you're here, ok? and now you're here, ok?" but the user doesn't responds in time. This program fixed the latency in the packet layer 3 level (networking term).

It's a very easy install and uninstall. I have installed it, it's working rather well. No errors anyway. But if I download something and try to play it is actually worse for me. It is better to play with downloads in the backgrounds without it, so be aware what's better for you.

To install, download, run the .exe, it will say "Installed", then restart the computer or restart the NIC (Network interface card) in Run > ncpa.cpl > Right click on the NIC -> Disable / Enable.

If it says partially installed, uninstall it and restart, then repeat.

That's it, have fun and no lag Smile!
Back to top Go down
Eduzio

Reduce Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduce Lag   Reduce Lag EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Can confirm this 'fix' somehow helps reduce the choppiness a bit while playing RO.
However general functionality of your internet connection may be reduced due to increased network bandwidth usage.

In the end I didn't use it after all.
Back to top Go down
Spankeroo
Admin
Admin
Spankeroo

Reduce Lag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reduce Lag   Reduce Lag EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 5:22 am

Personally I can't live with Leatrix, so yum yum <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reduce Lag Empty