Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TalonRO 101- Under Construction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
L
Admin
Admin
L

TalonRO 101- Under Construction Empty
PostSubject: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Hello and welcome to my future newbie guide!
I'm writing it here to maybe eventually put on the tro forums. It goves me something to do when I'm holidaying!

------------
TalonRO 101

[1.0] Introduction
Welcome everyone to TalonRO 101! Whether you are a complete newbie to Ragnarok, a curious serial server hopper or a procrastinating forum lurker, I hope that I can provide with a little knowledge (or failing that, a little entertainment...).
Anyways, this guide aims to provide an overview various aspects of the server. This will include a basic overview of classes, terminology, ingame systems, custom features and other various information. Due to the nature of this guide, I will not be able to cover all sections comprehensively. I shall thus also be including links at the end of each subsection which contain more specific information

(This sounds dodgy but if you which to skip to a section use the search function (Ctrl + F or the equivalent) to get there.)

[1.1] Contents

[1.0] Introduction
[1.1] Contents
[2.0] Glossary
[2.1] Basic Terminology
[2.2] Equipment Terminology
[2.3] WoE Terminology
[3.0] Class Overview
[3.1] Normal Classes
[3.2] Extended Classes
[4.0] Leveling
[5.0] Player Commands/Interface
[5.1] Commonly used commands
[5.2] Other commands
[5.3] Limited/Unavailable Commands
[5.4] The Interface
[6.0] Stats
[7.0] Systems for Equipment
[7.1] Cards
[7.2] Refining
[7.3] Repairing
[7.4] Armor Enchanting
[8.0] Other Systems and Features
[8.1] PvP
[8.2] War of Emperium (WoE)
[8.3] Party System
[8.4] Vending
[8.5] Orphanage
[8.6] Minigames
[8.7] Rewards System
[8.8] Other Notable Systems
[9.0] Kafra Employee, Warp Girl and Doctor
[10.0] An Introduction to Monsters
[11.0] How to search for additional information
[11.1] More Useful Links
[12.0] Closing Note and Credits

[2.0] Glossary
As you roam around Midgard, you will come across some unfamiliar words that are specific to this game or to this server. For some of these words, I'll include a commonly used abbreviation. A list of common abbreviations can be found _______

[2.1] Basic Terminology
Card- a rare drop from monsters that can be placed into equipment in order to give the equipment an effect.
Costume- a headgear that can be equipped on top of a current headgear in order to give the headgear you're wearing a different appearance.
Custom (item)- an item that has been specifically designed for this server than is not found on official servers. The most famous example on TalonRO is "Lord Kaho Horns" aka a "Kaho".
Job Level- A character's level of skill in their job. One job level give you one skill point to use in the skill tree of your job or a previous job.
Lord Kaho's Horns (Kaho)- A custom upper headgear that is well known as it gives +20 STR, INT, DEX and MDEF. It can be customized to have the image of another upper headgear (C Kaho).
MvP- stands for 'Most Valued Player'. It is a reward that one receives when they are the most influential (usually in terms of damage) person when killing an MvP monster. This reward is some exp and sometimes an item.
MvP Card- a card that drops from an MvP monster; these tend to give effects that are superior to regular cards.
MvPing- The process of killing an MvP monster.
Unrestricted- A PvP/WoE mode that doesn't have any restrictions on consumables or equipment.
Vanilla- A PvP/WoE mode that has restrictions on gear and consumables. Restricted gears include things such as MvP cards and various custom items.
War of Emperium- a weekly server wide event that consists of guilds fighting each other in order to defend or capture castle.

[2.2] Equipment Terminology
Attack-
Broken- when the name of an equipment when viewing its info is red, the equipment is broken. This makes it unusable until it is fixed by either a blacksmith (NPC or character).
DEF-
Element (armor)-
Element (Weapon)-
Enchantment-
Upgrade Level-
Slot-
Weapon Level- A way of classifying weapons. Each weapon is assigned a level from 1-4; this affects this such as minimum weapon attack, refinement rates and attack gained from refinement.

[2.3] WoE Terminology
DD-
Devo-
DLP-
Ecaller-
FE-
FS-
GvG-
SE-

[3.0] Class Overview
As a beginner or even someone who has some prior Ragnarok experience, you might be overwhelmed by the many different classes to choose from. When I started, I made what my friend said I'd like and then went and tried 5 or so other classes in the first month. (I was curious about how the skills worked..) Other people on the other hand know exactly what they wish to make so they only make a couple of characters.
Here I shall give a brief overview of the many classes, their roles and various other information that I think could be important in helping you determine what you'd like to play.
Please be warned that these are just opinions. In the end. You should choose something that you enjoy playing. If you don't know what you like, try a few classes out!

[3.1] Normal Classes
Normal classes are those which are able to be reborn into transcendent classes. Transcendent classes have more HP and SP, more stats from their class bonus and more skills than their non-transcendent counterparts.

Swordsman

Knight
Description:
Role:
Demand for Parties:
Cost of Gear:
Notes:

Lord Knight
Additional Role:
Demand for Parties:
Demand for WoE:

Crusader
Paladin

Acolyte

Priest
High Priest

Monk
Champion

Mage

Wizard
High Wizard

Sage
Professor

Thief

Assassin
Assassin Cross

Rogue
Stalker

Merchant

Blacksmith
Whitesmith

Alchemist
Creator

[3.2] Extended Classes
[4.0] Leveling
[5.0] Player Commands/Interface
[5.1] Commonly used commands
[5.2] Other commands
[5.3] Limited/Unavailable Commands
[5.4] The Interface
[6.0] Stats
[7.0] Systems for Equipment
[7.1] Cards
[7.2] Refining
[7.3] Repairing
[7.4] Armor Enchanting
[8.0] Other Systems and Features
[8.1] PvP
[8.2] War of Emperium (WoE)
[8.3] Party System
[8.4] Vending
[8.5] Orphanage
[8.6] Minigames
[8.7] Rewards System
[8.8] Other Notable Systems
[9.0] Kafra Employee, Warp Girl and Doctor
[10.0] An Introduction to Monsters
[11.0] How to search for additional information
[11.1] More Useful Links
[12.0] Closing Note and Credits

Back to top Go down
https://alphabetsoup.forumotion.com
partygirl
Super Guardian
Super Guardian
partygirl

PostSubject: Re: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:30 am

We should make an article about currency too.

. Zeny - You start with 10k. The main currency in-game. A fully geared character can be around 1b Zeny worth.

. Copper coins - The prize currency, you trade them for services or TC.

. Bronze coins - The alternative prize currency. You trade those for rental services. Very recommended for early staged of the game. Some rental weapons have a high impact on the game, and are relatively easy to obtain. Worth mentioning: Refined Ballista, Refined Jamadhar, Refined Excalibur.

. Talon coins - The main currency for main equipment. Traded for Cards and Items.
Back to top Go down
L
Admin
Admin
L

PostSubject: Re: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction EmptyTue May 20, 2014 1:37 am

partygirl wrote:
We should make an article about currency too.

. Zeny - You start with 10k. The main currency in-game. A fully geared character can be around 1b Zeny worth.

. Copper coins - The prize currency, you trade them for services or TC.

. Bronze coins - The alternative prize currency. You trade those for rental services. Very recommended for early staged of the game. Some rental weapons have a high impact on the game, and are relatively easy to obtain. Worth mentioning: Refined Ballista, Refined Jamadhar, Refined Excalibur.

. Talon coins - The main currency for main equipment. Traded for Cards and Items.

Good point.
I'll add that to the guide, it should fit under 'Rewards System'. I'll change the title to 'Rewards System and Currency'.

Feel free to work on individual sections if you have time. They should just be an overview and then a collection of resources that give you a more in-depth guide. (ie Wiki links)
I'll write an example section later on.

That goes for anyone who is keen on working on this project.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
partygirl
Super Guardian
Super Guardian
partygirl

PostSubject: Re: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:45 pm

Back to top Go down
L
Admin
Admin
L

PostSubject: Re: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction EmptyWed May 21, 2014 12:03 am

I'll give it to Zuzu to look at and see if it's worth investing time on.
There are similar guides but I think this may be different enough.
Back to top Go down
Spankeroo
Admin
Admin
Spankeroo

PostSubject: Re: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction EmptyThu May 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Kyeth wrote:
I'll give it to Zuzu to look at and see if it's worth investing time on.
There are similar guides but I think this may be different enough.

Actually I like it as a basic start up !
Back to top Go down
partygirl
Super Guardian
Super Guardian
partygirl

PostSubject: Re: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:48 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TalonRO 101- Under Construction   TalonRO 101- Under Construction Empty

Back to top Go down

TalonRO 101- Under Construction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Strategies, Hints Guides-
Jump to: